Tuesday, August 27, 2019

A Fantastic First Day of School

Today was fantastic.

When I put aside / ignore / block out any of the little annoyances that have no influence on the students right before my eyes, the first day of school is great.  Any hiccups today had nothing to do with the students.

I was able to mingle with the students to start learning their names and getting to know who they are. (See Legos for the First Day of School) Some were very creative with their Lego sculptures today, giving me some good insight into the people I’ll be working with throughout the year.

Some highlights:

This student expressed a fear of heights.

A rocket enthusiast built this specific type of rocket / launcher that I don't recall at the moment. 

The half Lego person and the walls are showing that this student gets overwhelmed a lot.

The swing symbolizes that the student loves to play outside.
This person expressed seventh grade to be a window of opportunity to learn new things.

Just focus on those students and allow their personalities to shine through, and it will be a fantastic first day…..I’m optimistic it will be a fantastic year.

____________________________________
If you had a fantastic first day with your students or, if this post has generated some thoughts of your own, please share in the comments. I would appreciate hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...